Sunday, December 16, 2012

NREVSD reaction to school tragedy

Message from NREVSD Supt. Adam Bird:

To all NREVSD parents, students, and staff:

I know we have anxious parents, students and staff members concerned and nervous about school tomorrow.  School should be a safe, warm, and inviting place where students feel loved and cared for.  I sometimes hear from students who prefer to be at school because it provides emotional stability and it is upsetting to know that that feeling of security has been shaken due to the actions of an evil mass murderer.

I hope that we can quickly restore that secure feeling in our students tomorrow.  I know that our administrators and staff will be prepared to counsel students.

I would like for our parents to know that we have many security procedures in place.  We practice these procedures and will continue to do so.  We will take time this week to review them as well.

We will also begin the process this week of seeking to improve the procedures we have in place.  I will begin meeting with our Board of Education, administrators, and teachers to discuss how we can improve.

 I ask that our administrators work with our PTO's and parents to gain their insight and ideas.

Parents, I hope that you will send your children to school tomorrow and know that we will be doing our very best to protect them.

Adam C. Bird
Superintendent
New Richmond Exempted Village School District
212 Market St.
New Richmond, Ohio 45157
(513) 553-2616