Friday, May 31, 2013

Renner leaving LCE for Loveland

Juliann Renner has accepted a position with Loveland City Schools as director of student athletics after 10 years as principal at New Richmond's Locust Corner Elementary.

"I would not be telling the truth if I said this was an easy decision," said Renner, who began her teaching and administrative career at Loveland before joining the New Richmond Exempted Village School District. "The last 10 years I have spent at Locust Corner have been a blessing. I cannot say enough about the caring school staff that I have been privileged to work with over this past decade."

Julie Renner with some of the Locust Corner Elementary students she will miss when she becomes Director of Student Athletics for Loveland City Schools.
"Ms. Renner has been a tremendous asset to NREVSD and to Locust Corner Elementary for a decade," said NREVSD principal Adam Bird, who has started a statewide and regional search for a replacement. "During her time as principal, Locust Corner has grown to be the largest elementary in our school district.  She is a talented and energetic administrator.  We wish her well as she moves to a new challenge."

Renner spent four years as a teacher at Loveland High School and later became an assistant principal for Loveland Schools.

"I applied for the Loveland AD job 10 years ago and didn't get it," noted Renner. "I feel it was God's will that I didn't get it then because it led me to Locust Corner. I will miss the students here a lot. They hold a place in my heart and many memories which will be forever stamped in my mind."

Renner praised the NREVSD Board of Education and Supt. Adam Bird and district treasurer Teresa Napier in her resignation letter.

"I admire their leadership styles and how they make the staff of the New Richmond School District feel important and respected," said Renner.